Fat tire e-brake is also like regular brakes, but they have a motor installed. This motor is located in the front or back wheel. This motor helps the bike move forward. This motor drives the cycle up to 50 miles on a one-time charge. The speed of this motor is 30mph. Hydraulic and mechanical brakes are both found on these fat tire e-bikes. One must opt for the fastest fat tire electric bike according to your use.
Two types of fat tire e-bikes are there
- Pedal assist
- Throttle assist
When the rider pedals, power moves from the motor to the tire, and the bike starts moving accordingly.
They have a throttle installed in them, and It controls the bike’s speed. The rider adjusts the speed of the bike with this throttle.
Why choose a fat tire e-bike?
For many reasons, it would help if you chose a fat tire e-bike instead of a traditional bike.
- If you want off-road riding, you must choose a fat tire e-bike. Fat tires provide good friction on the sand. Big tires apply significantly less pressure. Traditional bikes get stuck in sand, snow, and mud. While the fat tire rollover instead of sinking and getting stuck.
- The fat tires absorb shocks and vibrations instead of bouncing. The tire gets deformed and absorbs the shock.
- Large and fat tires provide good balance and high stability; you can drive them in any weather because of their excellent strength and stability. So, now long drives are no problem with fat tires or e-bikes.
Type of motor used
Motor determines the speed at which your e-bike goes. Battery depletion may vary accordingly to your road. If you are driving on a steps mountain, then the battery may deplete early. So you can choose different types of motors depending on your journey.
Frames of fat tire e-bike
There are different types of frames you can go to your choice. Consider the type of frame that works best for you. That can be the small frame or any other option depending upon your own will. Lighter frames are suitable because they produce less carbon emission, thus resulting in good efficiency of e-bikes and less battery drainage. Folding bikes are Heavier than more lightweight bikes because they have additional parts.
The suspension affects the comfortability while riding on mountains or off-road. The rest allows the rider and bikes to get stable when they pass over the jump.
There are different types of suspension: Front, rear, seat post, and saddle suspension.
- Lead acid batteries are still in use today.
- Nickle cadmium batteries are of higher capacity.
- Nickle metal hydride.
- Lithium cobalt batteries.
- Lithium-ion polymer batteries.
- Lithium manganese batteries.
Size of fat tire
Fat tire e-bikes come in different sizes. You may opt for the size that suits you the best.
Advantages of fat tire e-bikes
- The most famous advantage of Fat tire e-bikes is that they can ride in any weather.
- Fat tire e-bikes are very versatile in any situation.
- The most important advantage is that it is very comfortable.